Rock Creek Inspections is an InterNACHI Certified Home Inspection Company based out of Missoula, Montana. We provide Residential Inspections, Meth Testing, Radon Testing and Water Testing. Our Two Man Team covers the Missoula and Bitterroot Valleys including: Missoula, Lolo, Florence, Stevensville, Hamilton, Frenchtown, Alberton, Clinton, and Potomac.
WHAT IS RADON?
No matter where you are in America, your home may be exposed to dangerous radon gas. Radon is a natural, radioactive gas which is produced when uranium in the Earth’s crust decays, and turns into radium.
Outdoors, radon will naturally dissipate harmlessly into the atmosphere as it rises through the crust. But in homes, it can become trapped, which is dangerous for the health of you and your family. Radon is colorless and odorless, and it is extremely carcinogenic. According to the EPA, radon is one of the leading contributors to the development of lung cancer, behind only smoking. For this reason, regular radon testing is key whether you’re a homeowner, or you’re interested in purchasing a home. Learn more about radon in Missoula and the Bitterroot Valley.
What Is A Radon Test, And How Does It Work?
Radon testing is the only way to determine if your home has higher-than-average levels of radon, which can pose a health risk to your family.
There are two primary types of radon testing. You can choose to use a short-term test kit, which is usually placed and left for a period of up to 90 days, or a long-term kit, which is designed to measure seasonal fluctuations in radon levels. Long-term kits are left in place for 90+ days.
Most radon test kits consist of a charcoal canister or a similar material, which can pick up and trap small amounts of radon. Using lab tests, the amount of radon in a test kit can be determined, and the overall radon levels in your home can be measured.
Test Your Home And Keep Your Family Safe
Radon testing is the only way to be sure that your home is safe from the dangerous effects of radon. So don’t wait. Schedule an inspection today, and make sure your home is free of this potentially-deadly, radioactive gas.